Alive has an immediate opening for a part-time bookkeeper working 20 to 25 hours per week. The ideal candidate will possess an associate degree in accounting and at least two years of bookkeeping experience, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
Office Manager/Bookkeeper Job Duties:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Enters and pays invoices via QuickBooks online by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Record cash receipts, process credit cards and make bank deposits as needed.
- Proactively manage revenues and accounts payable for cash flow reporting.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Compile job costs, work in process and other accounting spreadsheets and reports to support the month-end closing process.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Create and maintain the accounting records for the company using the QuickBooks Online applications. Reconcile all accounts as needed.
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statement.
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit.
- Prepares and processes bi-weekly payroll along with payroll reports and general ledger entries.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Maintain administrative/office files.
- Maintain customer and administrative files both electronically and in paper.
- Coordinate facilities and office equipment management with appropriate service providers.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Associate Degree in Accounting
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience
- QuickBooks online experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills
How to Apply: Please attach your resume and fill out the form below with your contact information.